Friday, April 12, 2013

Putting it all together!

   The ocean lessons have taken over a month now and finally the work has came together. Ms. Helen and I have harassed everyone in the school building to put a bar up so I could display the children's work. It took me two hours to complete the display and "oh my" isn't is soooo beautiful. Everyone in the building stops by and gazes at the swimming fish....even the older students! It is nice to see that kindergartens can make something so beautiful that everyone wants to spend their time looking at! I hear "wow", "that's so pretty", "isn't that beautiful", "did you make this yourself," or "can I touch the fish?" Even though I have to scold people from touching the art work, I am most happy with the engagement and how much others appreciate the work. I can really tell that the kindergarten students are really proud of their display as well.
   So this week we learned about larger animals in the ocean. The students favorite part was learning how each of these animals moves. We watched videos and made a dance to a song. We danced all around the class room and really got into the fishy spirit. It was so fun to move around. It really brightens my day seeing how fun these little guys are. After all the dancing we did a class critique in front of the big display. It was very hard to keep the students from being so excited and chatty, but they really wanted to tell me about their work! Many of the students told me that they loved how the fish camouflaged into the background, and how the back lit up. It was great getting the students to talk about their work. I don't think I would have done this lesson any other way. If was soooo fun!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment