Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Week 3

    This week the kindergarten students began to build their vehicles that they have drawn from last week. I was happy to give my first demonstration and take control of the class. The students responded very well and came up with some great vehicles. What I loved most was when I told the students that we would be building they all dropped their jaws to the floor and kept saying "woooowww." I just love their personalities and how impressed they are with the most simple things. Here is a students vehicle that she called an airplane car with rocket boosters in the front and back. How smart!
     Also, I enjoyed while the students were working and I would ask them why they chose what they chose and explain to me what it will do for the vehicle. This helped them make better choices and really think about what they are doing. This prevented the students from making a mess and something meaningful. Overall the students all did something different and all had a great time!
 


    In the first grade classes, the students began their own Harlem Renaissance portrait. We have chosen to use bright paper for the students to paint on because all the Harlem Renaissance paintings are bright. So far the students drew out their ideas and made something that was in their daily life. Most of them drew portraits of their house, their family,  or themselves doing their favorite activity.
   I noticed that many of them had a hard time thinking of something to draw when the topic is so broad. Therefor I helped students come up with an idea and make something that really represents them. Others I would help by demonstrating how simple shapes can be put together to make more complex shapes.



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got to take over part of a class this week, Sam. The images on your blog so far are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete