Friday, February 15, 2013

Taking over for the day!!!

     So ....today was an amazing experience for me to have because Ms. Hellen was out and preparing for her sisters big wedding tomorrow. This meant that I was left to take control of all of the classes and even other classes I have not met before. I had no worries about the day and it really did turn out as fine as I expected it. What I really liked was that the substitute stood aside and let me take over. She realized that I have a very special bond with my students. The students that I have never met before even loved me to death, it was as if my teaching methods just couldn't go wrong. Overall, the students were very respectful and treated me as they would Ms. Hellen. I was soooo happy with all of them and glad they do look up to me. I enjoy my little students so much.
    In my first grade classes the students were painting their Harlem Renaissance paintings. We focused on holding the paint brush like a pencil and how to apply paint to the paper. Some of my students had some difficulties but we worked around them. I helped every student in this short period of time and they all ended up feeling proud of their work.
The one thing I was afraid of today was being able to get the classroom and the students cleaned up at the end of class. Usually end of class picking up paint and putting supplies away can be hectic but today it really wasn't. It went smooth and the students did their jobs correctly.
     In my sweet Kindergarten classes, the substitute could not get over how well behaved and productive the students were. For today the students had to paint their hybrid vehicles and then put fluorescent designs on top. All the students finished as well and they all had a great time. All of my classes left a good report for Ms. Hellen!!!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment