Friday, January 18, 2013

My last week at A.P. : (

     During this week, my students in painting/ drawing began to complete their pointillism projects. With only 2 days to complete them, I was really glad to see the skill and effort put into their work.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------
    While my stay at Averill Park I have noticed an issue that most likely happens at other schools as well. I saw that some art teachers like to steal other art teacher's supplies. While getting ready for my own class, I noticed that all of Mrs. Valenti's markers were missing. The most strange part about it was that all the blues and purples were replaced with brown, yellow, and grey markers. So therefor they had to have a big box of markers in order to switch. So was the teacher who stole are marker trying to make it not so obvious with half the box was empty? I couldn't believe someone would intentionally plan something like this just to get a few colors. They couldn't just leave us a few purple or blue markers either? No, they took them all! Thieves!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    At A.P I also learned this week that other teachers do not like it if you copy their wardrobe/ style. Over the last 2 months we had a plan to dress just like one of our co workers because we had a joke with him about it. So for awhile he knew we were going to have "plaid day". Turns out, he didn't think t was funny at all and thought we were picking on him!!! I thought plaid was a common style, I was shocked that he was mad for us admiring him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Lastly, In my studio classes all the students have finished!!!! Because they students did so great before I left, we had cupcakes, lollipops, and played a game that I made. It was art Jeopardy. It went soo well, and we reviewed on vocab terms, artists, and color schemes. I was happy the students were engaged and participating. While being at A.P I have taught the students a lot, but they also helped me learn how to be a better teacher aw well. I really am going to miss my students and Mrs. Valenti! This was such a great experience and it will be something I will carry throughout the rest of my teaching career. And I will always make sure to keep and extra eye on my markers in my own class room : )










2 comments:

  1. Your blog is EXCELLENT, Samantha! Your inspiring images and thoughtful reflections provide great documentation of your placement at Averill Park!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is EXCELLENT, Samantha! Your inspiring images and thoughtful reflections provide great documentation of your placement at Averill Park!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete