Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Facial Proportions

       Today I started my second lesson. Mrs. Valenti and I decided that it would be good idea if I did my lesson on facial proportions. We chose this because the students haven’t had the chance to draw much. I was more than glad and agreed to the challenge. I knew right away that 9th and 10th graders who were learning to draw a face for the first time would be difficult.
      When I began my lesson, I started off with a quick overview and history of realism. The students got to see how the facial proportions came about and its importance. I also showed the students the basic steps of drawing an oval and evenly break it up proportionally. Shockingly, this came really hard to all my students. Most of them got the gridding correct, but when it came to drawing the eyes, mouth, and lips, the work became very childish. It was strange to see them do such good work in other classes but can’t draw a simple face.  I realized that my students are going to have to take a few more days on these observations. I learned that I will have to break this lesson down to simpler steps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    In my yearbook class it was another day for a fundraiser to collect money for the senior class. In class the girls began to give out more fliers. The fundraiser is taking place at Moe’s tonight and the class will be receiving 20% of the funds. I was glad to help make fliers and hang them around the school.




No comments:

Post a Comment