Thursday, November 15, 2012

Watercolor Landscapes

In my studio class, the students were continuing with the lesson I have created. So far was so good! After completing the technique sheet, the students were responsible to create a painting with the different watercolor techniques they were taught. In the instructions the students were also responsible for creating a space with a warm foreground and a cool background. I am thrilled to see the students start their paintings and make their fabulous sketches. The students really understand the project and what I expect out of them. I do love helping them and giving them valuable input on how they can improve their work. The best part about this lesson is that my students who usually lack are really pushing themselves. It makes me so happy that I could create a project where my students wanted to do the work.
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Next in my drawing/painting class, my students have been working with color and different values. They were responsible for creating a grid with tints and shades of one primary color. They also had to make another grid that was of two complementary colors that came to a neutral in the middle. It was interesting to see the students work with a palette knife for the first time. I helped guide students with mixing the paints and fix color values that were off.  
 





No comments:

Post a Comment