Monday, October 22, 2012

Artist paper

      Today is the beginning of my 4th week! Before class started, Mrs. Valenti and I began to plan out the days I will be planning and instructing my own lessons. We decided that I will be teaching a lesson on watercolors, which I am very excited to do. Making this decision we had to look at the calendar and figure out when the students will finish the other lessons we are doing. We decided I will also do a PowerPoint to introduce the topic, and have the rest of that block to have the students experiment with the watercolors and different techniques. The next class will be when I start the actual project with the class. I can’t wait to begin!
      Then in my studio class, the students had to choose an artist they wanted to write a paper on. If the students did not know any artists then I went around and helped them choose someone they might like. I discovered that some students found an artist quiet easily while some searched all class and claimed they didn’t like any of them. So therefor I wrote down all the qualities the certain students were looking for in an artist and will search for some artists for hw. One of my students discovered that his artwork was inspired by Islamic architecture. We found this out by searching over an hour on the internet. Now we just have to figure out an artist that will relate to his study.
       What I also noticed was that most of the students choose a chalk artist named Julian Beever. I think this artist was great but I was shocked to see all my students found him as the most interesting. His work is very cool because he creates 3-D effects on pavement from standing at a certain viewpoint. Having this assignment made me see what kind of art should inspire our next project…maybe chalk ??
(All of these images are chalk
art created by Julian Beever)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment