Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Second Week: Studio + Drawing Classes

 
 
         In studio class, we finally began to make prints from the small example blocks the students have been working on. The small blocks were 2x2inches and were of any design the students wanted to create in order to learn how to cut into the blocks. Overall, I noticed that many of the students really did need the practice because they didn’t realize how easy it was to carve into the blocks until they were almost finished. I taught the students how to lightly glide the cutting tool across the block as if they were grading a piece of cheese. Many of them realized that if they pushed lighter, it was easier to control. I think that giving the students a small sample to start with was defiantly a great idea!   
 

 
            After the students did a small sheet of their own small examples, the students were responsible to place one of their images on to the class sheet. Mrs. Valenti mentioned that next class the students will fill in the gaps with their bigger prints in the large white areas. After the students were finished with today’s work, the students had to finish cutting out their main printing blocks that was size 3x4. This time around the students had much more of a success and their art work has been turning out much better.  

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

         Because Mrs. Valenti is the head of the year book, she is responsible for many things that go on during the school year. She is sent all the student IDs, senior pictures, and the high schools portraits. Lucky for me, I was able to help her organize them and give the IDs and pictures out to all the students in my class. This helped me get to put their names to their face. I also gave out the pictures to any students who came in looking for theirs. Averill Park is a big school, so organizing many boxes of names took a decent amount of time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


       Lastly in my drawing/ painting class, I took the attendance and the students began to finish their large group projects from last class. Many of the groups were very proud of their drawings and were happy I noticed their hard efforts they put into them. It really made me happy when the students asked me for my advice and opinion on anything else they could do.






 <------  fun collage

 

                                              landscape 

No comments:

Post a Comment