Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Progress on creating unity



In my studio classes I have been going around and helping students improve their work. I do this by comparing their work to the image that was given to them, and by placing their work next to other students. I only do this because, for this project the image relies heavily on shapes and the values used in each square. If one students work is off, the whole picture can be disrupted.
When the students are done with a square, they are encouraged to put it up on the wall as soon as possible. This way everyone can see the progress and what needs to be altered in any squares. Having the pictures up also helps the students from losing their work because all the squares look the same after a while and blend together on the drying rack.
I also noticed that some of my studio classes do better with this project than other classes. One class finished all their squares in the first day, while my other class takes their time and really puts effort into the image. I just hope that all of these studio classes are benefiting from this project.  It’s always fun to see the students work as a team.


No comments:

Post a Comment