Monday, October 15, 2012

Week 3- Studio/Drawing/Yearbook

(example of the print label)
Today in my studio class, we had the students finish up on the print making pieces they have created. The students had to place the prints on a larger matt board and under each print they had to correctly label them. This is done with pencil and has 3 areas that are filled out. That is the number/ edition, the title of the artwork, and the date and name of the artist. Many of the students work came out successful and they were proud to display their work in the classroom.

 
__________________________________________________________________________________
In my drawing and painting class, the students had to continue to work on their section of the oil pastel portraits. I noticed that it is hard to keep some of the students at the same rate as other students. I had some students who took their time in making sure every little detail was perfect and then I had students that were done by the end of class. I prefer my students to be more involved and caring about their work than the students who throw together a project in the first class. So now Mrs. Valenti and I have students who are finishing and students who need another week to work. It is up to me to think of assignments I can give to students who are already done.
______________________________________________________________________________
 
 
After my two classes, I had to take the responsibility of doing things that all art teachers do on a daily basis. I had to move all the art work in the hall way and display new art work. It does take a lot of time and sweat to get all the work up, but it is very important to display new work of the students. I see that many students in the hallway really appreciate the work and are inspired by the student’s hard work. If I created something great, I would want it up in the hall for everyone to see as well!!



I also was responsible for cleaning out all the old magazines that were no good and replace them with new ones. Because students use images for nearly all their art work, it is good to have some fresh materials. The library donated a new large stack of magazines to our classroom and I tossed all the papers that were cut up and no good. It is good to keep your classroom clean and organized.

 _________________________________________________________________________________

Lastly, because today was the due date for the yearbook cover, our student who created the cover finally brought it in to show. It was very exciting to see. The image was made on photo shop and was all images of the students from spirit week.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment