Saturday, October 6, 2012

My second day!


          I was very excited to return and start my second day at Averill Park. In my studio class, the students were beginning to create their images they will use for print making.  The students had to create 6 images that were 3x4inches and had to create a composition that was either symmetrical or asymmetrical.  I walked around and explained to them which one of their images was working the best and what ones were not. Many of the students had a hard time understanding which parts of the image to shade and cut out because they did not know what the image would look like when it was finished. I also had to explain to the students that if they wanted to use text, the words had to be back words because the print will be flipped the opposite way. I told them that the best way to see what the image would look like was by looking in a mirror. Many of them liked that connection.
          Because I had very good input many of the students came up to me for help again and again. It really made me feel good and showed that I was really helping them. What seemed common sense to me was something they were still learning. I was happy to know I was benefitting my students already.


         As students were working, there was a great movie being played. Mrs. Valenti thought it was sort of boring, but it thought it was very insightful. There were many artists on the movie such as Andy Warhol and Robert Indiana. During the movie, Mrs. Valenti and I made our way around the class and the students asked which print would be used for their final project. When the students were ready to move on, I gave them tracing paper and had them make a replication of the one they already made. I was responsible for collecting the students work and getting them to put their materials away. I did a great job.  
___________________________________________________________________________
 
 

Next in my yearbook class, Mrs. Valenti told me that there would be a lot of people stopping in because there was a fundraiser due for the yearbook. They did a Little Creasers fundraiser and the turnout was not that great because the pizza is really expensive.

       I told Mrs. Valenti that I do fundraisers for my non-profit cheerleading organization and we always have a great turn out. We have sold Yankee Candles, Chocolate bars, and even teddy bears. I told her that maybe they should try another fundraiser and I would be willing to help set it up. 
 
Next, Mrs. Valenti and I worked on assigning girls to different pages in the year book. The year book had a great chart that was broken up into a page layout. I was happy to be involved and make the layout of the yearbook. I was very impressed to see how large their yearbook is and that every page was created in color. Mrs. Valenti even gave me a year book from the previous year so I could see what else the school was all about. I really admired their dedication and the creativity that goes into this year book.


No comments:

Post a Comment