Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Studio/Drawing/Ceramics


Today in my studio class, Mrs. Valenti and I finished grading the student’s prints. I then hung up all the work in the classroom. The work looked great and other art teachers came through and complimented the work. While I was hanging up the work, the students had to answer a worksheet, and read out of a text book about art criticism. If the students had any questions, I answered them.
Later in studio, we introduced a new project. The students had to create a crazy shape that was either organic or geometrical. Students were NOT allowed to use hearts, stars, or flowers. The students had to be creative and thoughtful about balance and line. With that shape, the students had to trace the shape at least eight times, overlapping each other. The goal was to try and make the shape look like it was moving one spot to another. The repetition of these crazy shapes was great because the students are going to have to fade ink from one shade to another. So far, the students shapes have been very interesting and abstract.  


 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

In my drawing/painting class, my students continued to work on their sections. I went around and had the groups physically put the parts together so I could point out where the parts need to align up. Some of the groups were much more talented than others and needed less direction. My one group of young girls put 10 times more effort in than the whole class and I like to use their work as my examples so the other students are inspired to try harder. Oil pastels can either turn out sloppy or very well blended like my one group. So far so good.


 


----------------------------------------------------------
Before I left, I decided to stop in the ceramics room to see the progress of the students rattle heads. The students just finished glassing them and some of my students are in this class and wanted me to see their work.  I saw their work and ALL of their rattle heads looked amazing. Some are so funny and others seem so commercial. It was nice to see how my students were doing in the other art classes.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment